Rotavator is used as a primary cum secondary tillage implement. It helps to conserve previous soil moisture and pulverizes soil up-to 6 inches of depth.
Rotavator / Rotary Tiller Use
- It used to prepare the farming land suitable for sowing.
- For eradicating weeds
- Mixing manure or fertilizer into the soil
- Rotavator is ideal for smooth & speedy preparation for root crops, fodder crops, orchards & cash crops.
- It increases the soil fertility by mixing the residue of crops like wheat, cotton, sugarcane and paddy.
- Efficient & economical for puddling. rotavator is ideal for dry and wet both soil condition because of the sealed rotor bearings.
- Rotavator saves ours in time & fuel. Lesser wear & tear of the tractor as the soil preparation is accomplished in
one or two passes.
- It conserves soil moisture & helps water distribution management as tilling can be done immediately after harvesting the previous crop.
- Tillage depth varies according to the moisture level of the soil.
The advantage of Tractor Rotavator
- Rapid seedbed preparation
- Reduce draft compared to the conventional tillage implement
- Less power loss
- Soil compaction reduces
- Rotavator reduce tractor weight
Types of Rotavator
- One act as an integral part of the power tiller
- Whereas a separate entity mounted on tractor hydraulic system and powered by tractor PTO shaft
- Power tiller require three times more power than plough