Importance of Mental health
In human life Importance of Mental health is the same as physical health. If you don’t concentrate on your mental and emotional need, maybe your quality of life, your relationship, your career, your physical health will suffer.
However is it is easy to take care of it, it is not like a major illness like cancer or heart attack, or a broken arm, simultaneously there is any visible sign that you are suffering by mental illness, but you need to take care of this, sometimes most of the people didn’t recognize this issue until it manifests as physical symptoms.
Often people try to avoid their emotions and mental health issue. Sometimes people have a hard time to accept their own emotional pain, fearing it’s a weakness, and instead we push it down, drown it in food, drink, or other compulsions.
Preventive mental health care
As we are already aware of the importance of preventative healthcare. You probably get some physical test or some blood work every year for the shake for your body proper work, But in case of mental health, people use to follow the same step for the same. Hardly people go to a therapist as a preventative measure or talk about their mental health issue.
There are also various ways you can practice to preventative mental health care on your own.
- Get enough sleep
- Pursue a hobby
- Spend time in nature
- Laugh often
- Pay attention to your own feelings
- Grieve your losses
- Only try to change yourself, not others
- Accept yourself, imperfections and all
- Spend less time in front of electronics
- Ask for help; you’re not superman or superwoman
- Try to do things because you want to, not out of obligation
- Practice gratitude daily
- Connect with friends and family
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Express your feelings
- Forgive yourself when you screw up
- Remember it’s healthy to say “no” sometimes
- Spend some time alone
- Get to know yourself
- Limit alcohol, caffeine, and other drugs
- Listen to your instincts
- Practice deep, calming breathing
- See a therapist
- If you’ve been prescribed psychiatric medications, take them as prescribed
Our mental health is also essential along with physical. All positive change can be built in one small bit of time. We should Choose a particular way to prioritize your mental health along with physical and practice it until it’s a way of life. The pay off will be worth it.